Monday, January 30, 2012

On Zombie films

This past weekend I rented a movie. The back of the box read "A zombie thriller", My little heart went all pitter pitter. I took the movie home and watched all 93 agonizing minutes of a ghost movie that involved not zombies, just lame ass ghost possessions and bad dialogue. When I returned it the next day to the rental place...I won't say the name, but it rhymes with "Cock Guzzler" ( well, kind of), I informed the clerk that I wanted a credit because the movie was not a zombie movie, but a ghost movie. Her response was "Well, it's a low budget horror movie, you've got to expect that."

This is the part that chaps my ass. Because it is "low budget" you can market it as a zombie film when it is not and i am supposed to be ok with it?, I say "Nay", actually, i don't think I have ever actually said "Nay", but i did tell her "No", that does not work. You cannot say a movie is a cowboy flick and have a cheeky monkey playing baseball, nor can you say something is a romance movie, when it is a snuff film, so i will not sit idly by while the zombie name is smeared on every two bit piece of crap movie that hollywood or it's bastard children craps out.

...needless to say, I got my credit, and purchased two, yes two, low budget ZOMBIE movies....Yeah! That is how the Kenn Does!

No comments:

Post a Comment