Monday, January 30, 2012

Violence in Movies

I remember seeing an old black and white film that was showing how violence in movies made kids violent. One of the kids in the film stood up and walked outside, unfolded a pocket knife and started stabbing a tree. It was comical, obviously the kid has something wrong with him, or he hates trees, or he thinks he is a lumberjack.

I would say throughout my life time I have probably seen thousands of violent movies. I have not however committed thousands of acts of violence. There would have to be a 1 to 1 ratio for this even to be true. Like for every violent movie I would have had to have done a violent deed. I think the most violent thing I have ever done after a movie was a violent crap from all the popcorn.

Those people who think horror movies are evil are idiots. How could something that so many people enjoy be evil. Anyway, if there is a God and he tells me I was evil for watching horror movies, I'll say "Hey, God, it's just a movie. Miracle up some popcorn and let's watch American Psycho".

No comments:

Post a Comment